Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What a nice day

Hey all today was the last of the nice days we are supposed to get more snow tonight or tomorrow just a few inches at most but still I don't want any more snow!!!! I worked Nash quite a bit today in hand I was having a GOOD TIME making up showmanship like patterns and working through them.


This afternoon I was focused on working Nash on his turns and backing through the "L" in saddle. He is getting better but still a bit rammy (if thats a word)!!! I need to slow him down a show him where his feet need to go. But on the up side he is geting very responsive with picking up the canter from a walk. Although he picks up the wrong lead sometimes he is trying I guess. I was able to ride outside today in the front arena right bye the road. He does good even with the traffic noise. I had been out there a few times befor but today he worked very well. He only scooted once this time.


There was minimal mud in the middle of the arena so that is were I focused our circles. I trotted figure 8's and once he relaxed I asked him to canter, well I found another thing to work on STRAIGHT lines we would deffinatly win the zig zag contest...lol!! Nash also loves to roll expecially in the back pasture in the snow!!! The past few days I had been taking him for a walk after our ride and like clock work the nose is on the ground and 1, 2, 3 down he goes. Happy Horse!!

Here are a few photos!!!




"Friendly Fred" NAUGHTY NAUGHTY




NO NO sun don"t go down!!!! Please NOOOOOO :):):):)




Oh yeah Mr. Mr. wanted so splish shlash in the puddles!! I wound much rather see puddles than mounds of snow!!!


NATIONAL TREASURE A TRUE GENTALEMAN!!!!!

2 comments:

Tracey said...

He's looking good, Jessie. Love the kitty going for a ride!

Callie said...

He is looking good and I look forward to meeting you and Nash and Jessie and Rem at the Midwest Horse Fair. Keep up the good work. It's almost here!