Sunday, February 10, 2008

"CAUTION"

Oh yes you guessed it I brought out the caution tape, and a bag full of trash, oh yeah and a bottle full of rocks!!!! First the bag of trash... well he just wanted to play with it he grabed the strings and threw it around, scared himself but then went right back to it.



Second the caution tape. We took it slow but soon enough he was all over it. I stared with the strands pulled to the side like curtains then slowly let the sides down on him. Every time I walked him through I was supried that he never hurried through he was cautios but never ran through.

And third the bottle of rocks... he was like what the heck that sounds like a rattle snake but after I rubbed it all over him he didn't mind it much. I have been working a lot with his ears, and having him lower his head when I halter him or when I put the reins over his head. He is getting to the point where all I have to do is lift my hand and he lowers his head. I also took a hand warmer out to the barn today and used it to warm up the bit before I put it in his mouth and it seemed to work well. His new trick though is to back up when I try and bridle him so I have that to work on but other than that Nash is doing every thing and more that I ask of him:)

1 comment:

Katee said...

Nash sounds like he's doing great and dealing with all of these crazy things really well. It's wonderful to hear that he was able to pay attention to you despite having busy-ness around him the other day.