Wednesday, January 23, 2008

So cold


Tonight it is spposed to be -30 degrees so.... I decided it was time to introduce Nash to a winter blanket, and to my supprise he took to it like a champ. I had been working with him a bit with a blanket yesterday just to see what he would do with something covering his whole body and he did fine. I was reluctant to leave it on him without supervision because it did not have any leg straps and I didn't want it to shift around on him. So today I borrowed a blanket from a friend and put it on him, lesg straps and all, he never even thought twice about it I walked and trotted him with the blanket on and I think he actually liked it. I guess we will see in the morning if it is still in one piece, I have no doughts that it wont be!

I also tried walking him into the barn from the indoor where he lives in his stall and he was a little cautious about the hard concrete flooring. But with time and patience he was walking and turning on it like it was nothing different.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Looking forward to seeing more of you and Nash! I'll get your blog up on my list of links :)